Try out the beta of the first part of the game
Yes we finally release a part of the game. Indeed we did it secretly, last Friday, at some forums and with some people of our respect.
Now we got a lot of feedback, very homogeneous. This is what we got:
- Graphics, music, sound were good.
- The atmosphere is well recreated.
- The intro and animations in general are ok.
- But! there is no clue of what to do. I think only one person (without the walkthrough) could finish the game.
- The puzzles are very random, promotes the player to try everything with everything. And that's boring.
In short: the game looks great, but it's totally boring.
So, what are we going to do?
- A tutorial: a character at the beginning who guides you with the first steps.
- Less screens: one screen is doesn't needed until the end, so we are going to block it (someway in the script) until is needed.
- Visual clues: some objects are a little bit hidden. We are thinking to animate something subtle in the object, to call some attention.
In conclusion: there is a fine line between belittle the player with a lot of clues, and leave the player in a random world.
We got to work on this!